AIF - The Association of Independent Festivals
AIF, a division of AIM, is a not-for-profit trade association looking after the interests of independent festivals in the UK.
Founded by Rob Da Bank (Bestival) and Ben Turner (Graphite Media), AIF is a fully autonomous division of AIM with its own membership and Board made up of UK festival owners. AIF was set up to promote the UK’s independently spirited festivals, encouraging efficient management of events, and therefore a better experience for audiences.
It is chaired by AIM Chairman Alison Wenham, joining some of the UK's strongest and most creative music festivals as founder members. Combined attendance of AIF members’ events is in excess of 300,000 people.
AIF is set up to promote the UK’s independently spirited festivals, encouraging efficient management of events, and therefore a better experience for audiences. By sharing knowledge about theft and crime for example, AIF can help to create a safer and more enjoyable festival experience. Through advice, joint purchasing and pooling of resources AIF can assist festivals in cost savings from staging and lighting to security and infrastructure. Networking and seminar events are open to, members, friends and industry.
AIF Board members include:
- CHAIR: Alison Wenham (AIM CEO)
- Ben Turner (Graphite Media)
- Chris Smith (Womad)
- Freddie Fellows (Secret Garden Party)
- Hugh Phillimore (Cornbury Festival)
- James Barton (Creamfields)
- Jim Mawdsley (Evolution)
- Jim King (Loud Sound)
- Joe Gibbs (Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival)
- Nick Ladd (The Glade Festival)
- Rob Challice (Summer Sundae Weekender)
- Rob da Bank (Bestival)
- Sidharth Sharma (Shambala Festival)
- Tom Baker (Field Day / Underage)
- Danny Newman (Get Loaded in the Park / South West Four)
- John Empson (Eden Sessions)
General Manager: Claire O'Neill (Agreenerfestival)
If you have any queries please contact:
Association of Independent Festivals
Tel: +44(0)208 994 5599
Fax: +44(0)208 994 5222