From the sixth round eleven AIM member labels secured MEGs funding out of total of 17successful applicants.
The acts and their AIM member labels are:
- 65daysofstatic (Sheffield) – Monotreme Records
- Ciaran Lavery (Belfast) – Champion Sound Music
- Dr Meaker (Bristol) – Circus Records
- Eska (London) – Naim Audio
- Fearless Vampire Killers (Suffolk) – Goremount Records/PIAS Records
- Lapsley (Merseyside) – XL Recordings
- Maribou State (Hertfordshire / Leeds) – Counter Records/Ninja Tune
- MONEY (Manchester) – Third Rock Music
- SOAK (Derry, Northern Ireland) – Rough Trade Records
- The Temperance Movement (London) – Earache Records
- Until The Ribbon Breaks (Cardiff) – Kobalt Music
Commenting on the Music Export Growth Scheme, AIM Chairman, Alison Wenham said:
Significant numbers of AIM members continue successfully securing grant funding – it is very exciting for the UK’s thriving and diverse independent scene. We are delighted that 65% of the recipients in this round are AIM member labels.
Applications for round 7 will open on 6th July 2015 with a deadline of 10th August. Full details of MEGs and how to apply can be found at: http://www.musicindie.com/MEGS
The Music Export Growth Scheme is overseen by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), the Government organisation that supports UK business overseas, and the BPI with input from AIM and other industry organisations, MEGS offers small and medium-sized music companies with the potential to achieve increased international success, the opportunity to apply for grants.