We are pleased to announce the return of Indie-Con, AIM’s 1-day conference covering all areas of independent label business. Indie-Con returns to London’s Glaziers Hall on Thursday 8th February 2018, in association with Disc Manufacturing Services (DMS Vinyl). The event will take an in-depth look at all the key areas essential for running a successful independent music business, offering unrivalled networking and learning opportunities.
After an incredibly well-received sell out 2017 event which saw over 450 independent music professionals attend, Indie-Con 2018 will offer a unique programme of sessions aimed at helping independent artists and labels to grow their businesses and get their music heard. Indie-Con is the only conference in the UK to focus specifically on meeting the business needs of independent labels and self-releasing artists.
Indie-Con 2018 sessions will include:
- A&R in the Digital Age
- Let’s Get Physical! Tapping into the Vinyl Resurgence
- What Can A Record Label Do For You in 2018?
- Plugging Away: How To Get Your Music onto Radio and Playlists
- WIN Presents: How to Grow A Great Small Label in a Global Marketplace – Secret City Records case study
- Turning Listeners To Fans, Fans to Superfans
- Monetising the Australian & New Zealand Markets
- Special Keynote Interview
- Plus more TBA
An impressive line-up of speakers has already been confirmed to speak at the event, including:
- Vidhi Gandhi, A&R Manager, Ninja Tune
- Victor Zaraya, President, Razor & Tie
- Jane Third, Chief Creative Officer, [PIAS]
- Kim Bayley, Chairman, Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA)
- Achal Dhillon, Founder, Killing Moon
- J Willgoose Esq., Public Service Broadcasting
- Jessie Scoullar, Director, Wicksteed Works
- Nigel Adams, Co-Owner, Full Time Hobby
- Justin West, Founder, Secret City Records
- Robert Cannell, Radio Promotions, Beggars Group
- Emily Moxon, Managing Director, Brownswood Recordings
- Craig Evans, Founder, Flying Vinyl
- Jon Hillcock, Presenter, BBC 6Music
- Gregory Wells, National Radio Plugger, Plug Life
- Alison Wenham, CEO, Worldwide Independent Network (WIN)
- Sam Reynolds, Director, DMS Vinyl
- Jess Kangalee, Head of UK Radio & TV, Secretly Canadian
- Dylan Pellett, General Manager, Independent Music New Zealand (IMNZ)
- Natalie Baker, Owner, Hot Salvation Records
Many more speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Open to both AIM members and non-members, Indie-Con will run all day on Thursday 8th February 2018, with lunch and refreshments provided to delegates.
Tickets are available now! All tickets are inclusive of VAT and include lunch.
EXCLUSIVE EARLY BIRD RATE – until 20th December 2018 (or whilst stocks last).
AIM Member & Friends of AIM– £63
Non-members – £132
Full price tickets will be:
AIM member – £75
Non-members – £162
Discounts for students, start-ups and members of affiliated industry organisations.
About our Sponsor
DMS Vinyl are an independent crew of musicians and creatives who specialise in the manufacture of vinyl records, discs and custom packaging. UK based since 2004 but globally active, DMS are renowned for their next level customer service, competitive pricing and lead times. Their experienced team are fuelled by the passions of the independent sector, working hard both in and out of the office to make a lasting difference to their local music scene. As the only major supplier of pressed records in the Southwest, DMS have a rich history of supporting creative community ventures, educational projects, grassroots music venues and emerging artists and labels.
DMS are proud to celebrate strong ties with organisations such as AIM with regular sponsorship of key events like the AIM Awards, recognising those in the music industry who also work tirelessly to drive positive change for future generations.