The Creative Industries Federation are really excited to be partnering with Barclays on this event for creative enterprises and entrepreneurs in the West Midlands. Their focus will be the skills and talent pipeline, building on the existing conversation that our members in the region have been spearheading.
The workshop will encourage further conversation and the generation of practical solutions on the topic: How can industry address current gaps and prepare for future demand in the creative industries talent pipeline in the West Midlands?
They will be joined by a fantastic panel of speakers on the day who who will outline both current standards of best practice and current industry challenges. Following this will be a practical session where local businesses and freelancers will generate solutions on topics including:
- Raising low levels of interest in creative occupations
- Better recruitment practices to reach outside trusted networks and diversify talent
- Nurturing and retaining young talent
- Equipping young people with entrepreneurial skills
- Engaging with the apprenticeship agenda for the creative sector (recognising existing challenges)
These solutions will be taken forward by the Federation and key local stakeholders including Creative Alliance and Creative & Cultural Skills to build on the existing narrative and programmes. We will finish the session with a drinks reception to celebrate the West Midlands’ creative industries.
This event is free to attend for creative businesses across the Midlands and we look forward to hearing your ideas on the day.
More info here.