Independent label market: London supported by AIM announces market exclusives, advance releases and rare finds plus summer playlist revealed for the july market, taking place old Spitalfields market. Exclusives, rarities, test pressings’ and advance copies from Björk, Royce Wood Junior, Matt Berry, Django Django, James Vincent McMorrow, Public Service Broadcasting, Courtney Barnett + more
Independent Label Market are delighted to announce exclusive market goods stocked by participating labels when they return to Old Spitalfields Market on Saturday 11th July, for the fifth Summer market in London. As usual, Independent Label Market will be supported by AIM – the Association of Independent Music.
The labels are bringing with them their extensive back catalogues plus a selection of amazing market exclusives, rarities, signed goods and exclusive test pressings’. Among them include Björk’s ‘Vulnicura’ on coloured Vinyl plus a selection of Björk back catalogue on coloured vinyl. Strut records come fully stocked with final copies of Sun Ra & His Intergalactic Research Arkestra – ‘Planets Of Life Or Death’. 37 Adventures bring with them limited Royce Wood Junior debut album ‘The Ashen Tang’ prints. A super limited run of Matt Berry’s signed album ‘Opium’ with heavyweight orange vinyl! Keep an eye out for an exclusive Django Django ‘Born Under Saturn’ vinyl. Additionally, watch out for signed copies of James Vincent McMorrow’s celebrated ‘Post Tropical’ found in an exclusive goodie bag, plus signed copies of the highly acclaimed Public Service Broadcasting second LP ‘The Race For Space’ on 12” vinyl. Erased Tapes have dug into the vaults to bring the officially sold out Kiasmos – ‘Looped’ on 12” vinyl! And finally, Marathon will stock the last remaining copies of Courtney Barnett’s ‘Kim’s Caravan’, with her John Cale cover on the flip side.
Alongside the Independent Label Market, the London Brewers’ Market will feature breweries selling everything from pilsners to porters. Get a chance to meet some of the brewers behind London’s thriving beer scene, learn about the different varieties of beer, and enjoy some fine examples to drink at the market as well as to take home in bottle. There will be a beer garden set up amongst the ILM and Brewer’s stalls, where there will be product sampling, and entertainment throughout the day with DJ sets from Unit 137, Astrophonica, Silver Bear / Sunday Best, Tru Thoughts, Strut, Peacefrog, Because, Ninja Tune.
Exclusives and Artist appearances:
!K7 / Strut
- Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band new 2LP
- Ebo Taylor & Pat Thomas remixed by Henrik Schwarz. 2 x test pressings exclusive!
- Kanaku y El Tigre (Peruvian folk / electronic band) new 2LP
- Sun Ra – In The Orbit Of Ra: new 2LP pressing run
- Sun Ra & His Intergalactic Research Arkestra – Planets Of Life Or Death: final copies
Glory & Honour
- Rich Mills, lead singer of Global Citizen, will be hanging out on the Glory & Honour Records stand signing copies purchased of the latest vinyl release: NIL BY MOUTH: The Singles 180g Red 12” Vinyl
- Copies of the 2 Global Citizen picture discs currently available
- Limited edition Royce Wood Junior album print
- Classic Acid Jazz records like Brand New Heavies and Mother Earth
- Rare Mod series up to our newest release, Rare Mod 6.
- Limited run of Matt Berry’s signed Opium with heavyweight orange vinyl will be available
- Swinging Japan and Modern Northern Soul compilation albums.
- Tee shirts, magnets, house bags etc) from old to new that may not necessarily be available to buy online.
- RSD 7″ (Mark Morriss / Matt Berry This Is The Lie / October Sun)
- Very limited run of specially made Acid Jazz 7″ box sets and the chance to meet both Matt Berry and Mark Morriss at the stall.
- The otherwise out of stock sought after Astrophonica 10″ VIP series including The Limit [Fracture VIP], Bad Habit [Om Unit VIP] and Clissold [Machinedrum VIP]. Plus copies of the now out of stock Dawn Day Night EP. These are all limited numbers and first come first serve. The newly released Luv Ta Luv Ya [Fracture VIP] packaged in a 2 colour screen print jacket.
- An exclusive Django Django vinyl.
- Asian Dub Foundation goodie bag (includes signed ‘The Signal And The Noise’ vinyl)
- James Vincent McMorrow goodie bag (includes signed ‘Post Tropical’ vinyl)
- Public Service Broadcasting – The Race For Space signed 12″ vinyl
- Unreleased James Vincent McMorrow tour CDs and tour merch
- The Age Of L.U.N.A – Mixtape Vol. 1 – cassette tape + The Age Of L.U.N.A – ‘Six Feet Deep/Hate’ – hand-stamped 7″ vinyl
- Breton War Room Stories cassette tapes
Brille / Dummy
- ILM after party taking place at Second Home with Gwilym Gold and Kagoule with DJ sets from Amateur Best and Dummy Mag DJs.
- Mukatsuku special items being sold on the stall include the next release from Courtial/Sounds Of The City Experience 7 inch from Lost Soul & Funk Gems Series(Volume Four ), not commercially released until late September 2015 Independent Label Market exclusive 2 months ahead of release date.
- Mukatsuku 45’s many of which are no longer generally available, plus some rare deleted Mukatsuku back catalogue 12 inch and 7 inch slipmats, Mukatsuku Disk Stabilizers,Mukatsuku 45 adapters,Mukatsuku 45 Twisters, Mukatsuku Frisbees, Mukatsuku Tote Record Bags,Keyrings plus giveways such as badges and stickers.
East London Printmakers
- Limited edition exclusive Independent Label Market print designed by Nick Scott.
- Kiasmos – Looped Ltd. Record Store Day 2015 release on 12″. Officially sold out, but last remaining copies from the vaults.
- Ólafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm – Stare. Advance copies of 12” re-issue of long sold-out Record Story Day 2012 release, originally pressed on 10” vinyl, out July 17th.
Brand new releases including:
- Nils Frahm – Music for the Motion Picture Victoria
- Dawn of Midi – Dysnomia
- Michael Price – Entanglement
- Exit / Non PlusStray ‘Branflakes’ from the Paradise EP.
- Remixes are due to arrive next week at Exit HQ for end of July release but if you want to get your hands on them early, head down to our stall at the Independent Label Market
Four three six
- Will stock a ‘wearable release’ (screen printed t-shirts with artwork) with music from James Mannion and artwork from Mr Penfold. four three six will also have a few of the second release – not out until September) – available on the day.
Gare Du Nord
- Newly released Papernut Cambridge covers album ‘Nutlets’ 1967-80 released on June 29th, available on LP, CD & Cassette, and in a set with badges and a mug – all at special market day prices. ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE MARKET a 3-track cassette single: extended and dub mixes of the Papernut cover of Mikey Dread’s Rockers Delight, plus a brand new exclusive 10-minute track ‘Mirology’. The stall will be manned by the usual Gare Du Nord team, made up of various Papernuts, Ralegh Long, Robert Rotifer.
- Etherwood test pressings including a couple of hand painted 7″s. Plus stocking another as yet unknown artist’s album test pressing to launch on the day!
- Lex will have a new Lex t-shirt, neon green print on a grey t-shirt, and a Golden Rules flexi disc featuring an exclusive bonus track that won’t be on the album.
- BRAND NEW debut album from Australia’s new favourite troubadour, Fraser A. Gorman (available on CD & LP)
- Limited special 7″”s of Fraser A. Gorman single “Book of Love”, customised & signed by the man himself
- Fraser A. Gorman tea towels!
- Last few remaining special Record Store Day 12″”s of Courtney Barnett’s “Kim’s Caravan”, with her John Cale cover on the flip
- Courtney merch: tshirts & tote bags galore!
- Copies of the ‘I’ve Got A Friend Called Emily Ferris’ 10″ EP
- Special double LP version of We Are Shining’s fantastic debut album, ‘Kara’
- Signed copied of Childhood’s ‘Lacuna’ on CD”
- Expect new releases from Sweet Baboo, Summer Camp, and The Wave Pictures.
- Unreleased Brazil 45’s, Latin 45’s and brand new sub label Africa 45’s
One Little Indian
- Björk – Vulnicura Coloured Vinyl
- Björk – back catalogue coloured vinyl (We saved a small number of the limited 5000 pressings specifically for the label market)
- Fufanu – Adjust to the Light EP (Vinyl)
- Various Test Pressings
- Limited edition co-branded Sandqvist ruck sacks
- José González ‘Vestiges & Claws’ Ltd Clear vinyl LPs
- José González ‘Vestiges & Claws’ Ltd signed posters
- A very limited range of our 20th anniversary vinyl & rare catalogue items held back specifically for the markets.
- Fresh off the press Technimatic release drops the day before, punters can pick up a copy 1 day after release
- The newly released record from Teenage Fanclub’s Norman Blake will be in stock for ILM punters.
Independent Label Market – List of labels and partners announced for Summer ’15 Market:
!K7 / 37 Adventures / 4AD / Acid Jazz / Africa 7 / Astrophonica / Battle / BBE / Because / Beggars Arkive / Believe / Bella Union / Big Dada / Black Acre / Bleep / Blue Red Green / Brille / Champion / Cherry Red / Chess Club / Church / Civil / Claremont 56 / Cosmic / Bridge / Discrepant / Drag City / Dummy / Earth / East London Printmakers / Eglo / Erased Tapes / Exit / Far Out / FatCat / Fire / First Grain Records / First Word / Fortuna Pop! / Four three six / Freerange / Full Time Hobby / Gare Du Nord / Glory & Honour / Heavenly / Horus / Hospital / Infectious / ISM Labels / Kartel / Late Night Tales / Leng / Lex / Mais Um Disco / Marathon / Memphis Industries / Midnight Riot / Monotreme / Moshi Moshi / Mr Bongo / Mukatsuku Records / New Analogue / Ninja Tune / Non Plus / One Little Indian / Original Peter Record Hunting Bags / Peacefrog / PIAS / Pie & Vinyl / Pressure Sounds / Proville / R&S / Rega / Rip This Joint / Rocket Girl / Route One / RWDFWD / Scratchy / Secretsundaze / Shogun Audio / Skint / Sofrito / Something In Construction / Sonata / Song, By Toad / Soul Jazz / Sound Performance / Soundway / Stolen Recordings / Strut / Sunday Best / Tirk / The Carvery / Trestle / Tru Thoughts / Trunk / Unit 137 / Vibration Records / Warp / Wekesa Enterprise / WIAIWYA / Wine Scouts / World Circuit / ZZK
London Brewers Market – List of breweries announced for Summer ’15 Market:
Anspach & Hobday / Beavertown Brewery / Brixton Brewery / By the Horns Brewing Co. / Camden Town Brewery / Canopy Beer Co. / Crate Brewery / East London Brewing Company / Fourpure Brewing Co. / Fuller’s Brewery / Gosnells London Mead Meantime Brewing Co. / Hammerton Brewery / Honest Brew / Howling Hops / Kew Brewery / Late Knights Brewery / Moncada Brewery / One Mile End / Partizan Brewing / Sambrook’s Brewery / Sambrook’s Brewery / Signature Brew / The Five Points Brewing Company / The Redchurch Brewery / Windsor & Eton Brewery
Since launching in London on May 2011, Independent Label Market has brought together the founders of some the World’s greatest Independent Record Labels on both sides of the Atlantic to sell their fresh vinyl produce directly to the public at that traditional goods exchange – a market stall.