Who We Are
The Association of Independent Music (AIM) is a non-profit-making trade organisation for independent music companies in the UK. AIM represents 25% of the UK market, with over 850 members from small start ups to the largest and most respected independents in the world.
Benefits of Joining AIM
- Expert advice on setting up your independent label.
- The knowledge, contacts and advice needed to help sell your music.
- Help with all areas of your business:
- Digital distribution
- Sync licensing
What our Members say
AIM is a burgeoning organisation with the interests of the indies at its core. It is essential it continues to be a thorn in the side of those who wish to ignore it.
Geoff Travis, Rough Trade Records
Members get discounts on events
- AIM To Deliver Start Up Loans To Independent Music Companies
- 01 Apr 2014The Association of independent Music (AIM) has announced plans to act as a delivery partner for the Start Up Loans Company, which is a government backed scheme offering financing and support to the creative industries sector.
- EU court ruling - ISPs may be ordered to block access to copyright infringing websites
- 28 Mar 2014EU court ruling - ISPs may be ordered to block access to copyright infringing websites
- The AIM Independent Music Awards Are Back - Tickets Now Available!
- 27 Mar 2014The Association of Independent Music (AIM) are pleased to announce the return of the AIM Independent Music Awards for 2014. Held at The Brewery in Clerkenwell on September 2nd, tickets are on sale now from www.musicindie.com/awards. Moving from strength to strength, AIM are excited to welcome two new hosts for the fourth annual celebration of independent talent and industry. Leading the presentation of 15 awards, XFM’s long term champion of new music John Kennedy will be joined by Alice Levine, one of BBC Radio 1’s newest voices.
- AIM Announces Full Line Up for Music Connected In Association With CI - The UK's Biggest Digital Music Conference
- 19 Mar 2014On 30th April, AIM's digital music conference Music Connected returns to London in association with CI, offering a full day of networking, dealmaking and insightful panels and presentations to independent music companies and anyone operating in digital music. The full line-up has now been revealed, and tickets are going fast.