Who We Are
The Association of Independent Music (AIM) is a non-profit-making trade organisation for independent music companies in the UK. AIM represents 25% of the UK market, with over 850 members from small start ups to the largest and most respected independents in the world.
Benefits of Joining AIM
- Expert advice on setting up your independent label.
- The knowledge, contacts and advice needed to help sell your music.
- Help with all areas of your business:
- Digital distribution
- Sync licensing
What our Members say
For such a young organisation AIM is an extremely mature voice for the indie sector.
Adam Armit, Circular Records
- AIM Awards Entry Deadline Extended! Get Your Entries In By Thursday 20th June...
- 13 Jun 2013The entry deadline for the AIM Awards has been extended to Thursday 20th June. Download your forms now to be in with a chance of taking home a trophy at the ceremony on 3rd September!
- Rough Trade Founder Geoff Travis to be Honoured with Pioneer Award at This Year's AIM Awards
- 13 Jun 2013Founder of Rough Trade Records and the Rough Trade Record Shop, with four decades of cutting edge signings at the very forefront of independent music, the Association of Independent Music are honoured to announce Geoff Travis as the worthy recipient of this year’s Pioneer Award, sponsored by The Orchard. The AIM Awards will take place on 3rd September 2013 in London.
- Sonic Youth Founder For Keynote Interview at AIM AGM
- 06 Jun 2013AIM's AGM will take place on Wednesday 10th July 2013 at London's Glaziers Hall, with speakers including UK Music's Andy Heath and Sonic Youth Founder Thurston Moore.
- Public Service Broadcasting To headline Third AIM Awards 'Warm Up' Show
- 06 Jun 2013At the invitation of The Independent’s Music Editor Elisa Bray, critically-acclaimed duo Public Service Broadcasting will headline one of three warm-up shows for the AIM Independent Music Awards, at the Lexington on 17th July. Support to be announced.