Who We Are
The Association of Independent Music (AIM) is a non-profit-making trade organisation for independent music companies in the UK. AIM represents 25% of the UK market, with over 850 members from small start ups to the largest and most respected independents in the world.
Benefits of Joining AIM
- Expert advice on setting up your independent label.
- The knowledge, contacts and advice needed to help sell your music.
- Help with all areas of your business:
- Digital distribution
- Sync licensing
What our Members say
For such a young organisation AIM is an extremely mature voice for the indie sector.
Adam Armit, Circular Records
Members get discounts on events
- UK's Leading Digital Music Conference Returns - Book Now for AIM's Music Connected 2014 (in association with CI)
- 06 Mar 2014Now in its twelfth year, Music Connected 2014 - the UK's leading digital music trade fair - returns on Wednesday 30th April in association with CI, as leading labels and music companies descend on historic Glaziers Hall to meet the key players in UK digital music. Tickets available now!
- AIM Announces Leeds Social and Access To Funding Event (9th April) - Register Now!
- 26 Feb 2014AIM is excited to announce that the next AIM Social will take place in Leeds as part of the Live at Leeds The Unconference launch party. The event offers local music companies and artists the chance to meet the AIM team and do some networking, plus there'll be great live music and a panel on access to funding. Register now for this FREE event!
- Music Export Growth Scheme Announces First Successful Applicants - AIM Members Secure 50% of Available Funding
- 20 Feb 2014AIM has announced details of the successful applicants from the first round of the Music Export Growth Scheme (MEGS), a new initiative launched in November 2013 to help independent music companies grow their overseas export markets. Funding awarded to Beth Jeans Houghton (Mute), Filthy Boy (Stranger Records), Fred V & Grafix (Hospital), Melt Yourself Down (The Leaf Label), Public Service Broadcasting (Test Card Recordings) and Zara McFarlane (Brownswood Recordings).
- Record Store Day - Product Submission Process
- 12 Feb 2014Details on how labels can submit their products for Record Store Day 2013