Who We Are
The Association of Independent Music (AIM) is a non-profit-making trade organisation for independent music companies in the UK. AIM represents 25% of the UK market, with over 850 members from small start ups to the largest and most respected independents in the world.
Benefits of Joining AIM
- Expert advice on setting up your independent label.
- The knowledge, contacts and advice needed to help sell your music.
- Help with all areas of your business:
- Digital distribution
- Sync licensing
What our Members say
AIM have been an incredible source of relevant information for us. We feel supported as an indie label and know where to turn for advice should we need it.
Adrian Cooke, Hungry Audio
Members get discounts on events
- Let's Discover Music Campaign Now Taking Applications
- 10 Dec 2013The campaign, which is supported by ERA, AIM, BPI and the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts is designed to introduce customers to genres of music that they might not have listened to before, with proceeds going to charity. Labels can currently submit tracks for a charity compilation.
- Check out the highlights from the 2013 AIM Independent Music Awards!
- 26 Nov 2013What a night it was! Check out the highlights video from the 2013 AIM Independent Music Awards, featuring nominees, winners and performers including Steve Lamacq, The xx, Enter Shikari, Billy Bragg, Franz Ferdinand, Rough Trade's Geoff Travis & Ghostpoet.
- Artist appearances, DJ sets and exclusive releases confirmed for Independent Label Market in London this weekend!
- 25 Nov 2013A host of artist appearances, DJ sets and plenty of exclusive releases have been announced for this weekend's Independent Label Market at London Spitalfields, supported by AIM. 80 labels are set to host stalls at the biggest ILM to date, which is also in partnership with the London Brewers Market, meaning music fans can enjoy a beer whilst picking up some great music. Find out about all the exclusives here!
- 80 Independent Labels Gather for Biggest Ever Independent Label Market at London Spitalfields (30th November)
- 11 Nov 201380 independent labels will gather at London Spitalfields Market on 30th November, to sell their wares at the third annual Xmas Independent Label Market. This year it's being held in conjunction with London Brewers Market, so there'll be plenty of craft beers to enjoy whilst you pick up some great independent music.