Indie-Con line-up takes shape - new speakers and sessions announced!
BIG HITTERS JOIN INDIE-CON LINE-UP
Independent music conference to take place 5/6th July 2012, London
Latest speaker additions: Martin Mills (Chairman - Beggars Group), Tom Robinson (Presenter – BBC 6Music), Simon Raymonde (Founder – Bella Union), John Dyer (Director - Domino Recording Co) and many more!
New sessions announced!
BOOK NOW: www.musicindie.com/indiecon2012
AIM is pleased to announce a raft of additional speakers and sessions for its forthcoming Indie-Con event, taking place at London’s Glaziers Hall on 5th and 6th July 2012.
The event will take an in-depth look at all the key areas essential for running a successful independent music business, offering unrivalled networking and learning opportunities. It will be the only conference in the UK to focus specifically on meeting the business needs of independent labels and self-releasing band and artists.
AIM is excited to announce details of four additional sessions taking place at Indie-Con:
• “Never mind the politics” - Those in the know discuss the current legislative programme - how well are rightsholders protected and supported by current laws and government, and what does the future hold?
• “Let's get physical” - Everything you need to know about manufacturing, current trends in physical sales, the revival of vinyl and how to get distribution for your records.
• “Show me the money!” Find out how to source investment for an independent label, and what investors are looking for.
• “Don't you just love the majors?” - Advocates of independence discuss the major label business model and A&R process, how majors treat their artists and the impact on indies of the proposed Universal-EMI merger.
The unique new conference for the independent sector is attracting a stellar line-up of speakers from across the industry.
New speakers added to the already impressive line-up include:
Darren Hemmings (Motive Unknown), Simon Raymonde (Bella Union), Tom Robinson (BBC 6 Music), Paul Stokes (Q), Marc Connor (AirMTM – Manager of Jamie Cullum), Sion Simon (UK Music), Andy Heath (Beggars Group), Karen Emanuel (Key Production), Simon Wills (Absolute Marketing & Distribution), Steve Beatty (Plastic Head Distribution), Esther Tewkesbury (Proper Music Group), Davin McDermott (RSM Tenon), Helen Smith (Impala), Martin Mills (Beggars Group), John Dyer (Domino Recording Co), Peter Quicke (Ninja Tune), Robert Fripp (DGM), Catherine Langabeer (Julie’s Bicycle), Tim Vernon (Absolute Radio), Brain Message (ATC Management - Radiohead).
The new sessions above will take place on Friday 6th July, with Thursday’s sessions already announced:
* Music publishing 101
* Fan engagement & online marketing
* How to get your international royalties
* Getting your music on the radio
* Running a great small label
* Music videos: making, promoting & monetising
* Around the World in 80 ways: funding for getting your artists and business overseas
* Approaching the media & music PR
* Managers roundtable
* On the road: creating a successful live career for your artist
Open to both AIM members and non-members, Indie-Con will run all day on 5th July and for the morning of 6th July, with lunch provided to delegates on both days. AIM members will then be invited to stay on for the afternoon of 6th July, for the AIM AGM.
Tickets are now available from the AIM website at www.musicindie.com/indiecon2012 - priced at £50+VAT for AIM members, £150+VAT for non-members, including lunch on both days. An exclusive earlybird rate of just £40+VAT for AIM members & Friends of AIM, and £100+VAT for non-members applies until 15th June. Discounts for students, start-ups and members of affiliated organisations – email firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code.
Book now: www.musicindie.com/indiecon2012
Give us your feedback
Logged in members may comment on this news article.