Introduction and General Terms
AIM (Association of Independent Music) Limited (“AIM”) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services.
The Websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them to ensure you are informed and happy with their policies. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will AIM collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from a Website, such as newsletters, purchases of products or services or when you register with a Website, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages on the Website may ask for different pieces of personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable AIM and its service providers to provide you with the services you have selected.
How will AIM use the information it collects about me?
AIM will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for the purposes of "service administration". This means that AIM may contact you for reasons relating to the service you have signed up for, for example to provide you with a password reminder, or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance.
- to contact you about any information you have submitted to the Website, including any content you provide
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Website, for example to provide you with the best navigation experience.
- Where AIM proposes to use your personal information for uses other than those set out here, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as set out in this policy.
When will AIM contact me?
- AIM may contact you in certain circumstances, including:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that AIM can deliver these services to you;
- where you have asked to receive further correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about AIM services (participation is always voluntary);
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the Website; and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph below)
Individual pages on the Website will give you detailed information about how AIM will contact you in relation to specific services.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
AIM won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
Will AIM share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within AIM. However, sometimes AIM uses third parties to process your information, for example in order to allow our third party email provider to process our member bulletins. AIM will require these third parties to comply strictly with instructions we have given them, and AIM will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Offensive or inappropriate content on a Website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to a Website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on a Website, AIM may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where AIM reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (for example, but without limitation, because content you have posted may be defamatory), AIM may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain your parent or guardian's permission before you provide personal information to a Websites, if asked to do so on the Website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will AIM keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with AIM.
If you wish to cancel your Website registration, your account will be deleted upon receipt of notification to cancel. One an account is deleted, personal information attaching to that account will not be used or processed by AIM, and will be deleted within one month of notification of account cancellation.
Where you contribute to a Website, AIM will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
What if I am accessing a Website outside the UK?
Can I find out what personal information AIM holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of personal information AIM holds about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected, under the Data Protection Act. We are entitled to charge a nominal fee to process such requests (currently £10 per request) and request that you provide proof of your identity in the form of two items of approved photographic identification (eg a passport and drivers’ licence). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Association of Independent Music